Wednesday, April 11, 2018

S: Never Forgetting Pain

There’s something on my mind
How do I express
I’m in pain but I don’t want it to go away

Part of me remembers
The days I used to drown in it
Now I’m not supposed to feel this way

But to me it’s necessary
Partly because can’t always see, clearly
Sometimes I miss the way I used to be

In reality, that’s not how I’d like to be
However, I got used to it you see
In this vision of mine I’m sided with the worst of me

It’s easier than fixing

And all and all, I’d like to see myself smiling all the time…
The fear in me takes over
How can I survive living this life if I don’t remember how bad it was then
In the end I probably shouldn’t be

Describing, the way I was in my worst
Cheerfully, shouldn’t I be at my best
Shouldn’t I be welcoming the good times?

Here we are, listening to, the pain that I’m letting soothe itself
Grasped tightly around my heart
When will it let go

Time will know
When I’m ready
There’s so much and I can say ‘I'm’ happy’ but
I’m not exactly prepared for this moment
Terrified, is how I feel

Why can’t you accept that smile, those eyes
Because even I, have that fear inside
Remember when you said you were invincible?

I do.

Although, today’s not the day,
I can’t exactly explain
There will be one day
-
Feb 22 2016

11 - 100

No comments:

Post a Comment