Wednesday, April 18, 2018

B: Regaining Strength: A Craving and Resistance

Stronger I become
The harder it is
To resist the urge to fall

No blood has splattered
Upon these wrist
Years it has been
And hasn’t been done

My heart pounds
It aches, yearning for me to make my mistake
Away, I turn from every blade
A sense of insecurity in the touch

Turning away, my back to face
Anything that may seem sharp
Despite the cleansing
The memory isn’t lost.

For now I stand above
What I used to be
Easier to let the feelings go numb
Yet here I stand, feeling weak

A poison I’ll never fully
Be cured of because
If I forget who I was
Then how will I know who I become?

Walk away
I hear myself say
A hand touches my side

I turn, the beholder is someone I love
A friend, a lover,
To my surprise a stranger

Anyone can smile and stop me from returning
To the path that I once thought
Was the only one.
-
Written 3.28.19

18 - 100

No comments:

Post a Comment