Saturday, April 21, 2018

B: Regaining Strength: Lost

When I think of you I can't help but feel that I'm not much
Though you love me, show me, adore me
My heart still aches thinking such

For in my eyes there's imperfection
Not that I want to be perfect
What I strive for ensures that I am strong
And yet my heart continues to ache

These tears I cry are because I know that the pain is real
I know that you'd tell me that you don't feel this way
Even then, it doesn't matter because this is the way I feel

How I feel is lower than less
To me, the world is better off without
This life of mine, no doubt.

Despite the love I know is there
Above all else, I come home to eyes that widen and think
"You're home!"

No matter what I do, my heart will return here
To the place containing all all my agony
A place that makes the last breath seem so pleasing

Aware, I am of love surrounding me
Through others, they feel the love I have for them
These don't stop me from lacking love for myself.

Depend, something I do on everyone else
They prove to me that I'm worth the next breath
Silent, are my tears
Another day has passed

At least,
I think that's what I'm supposed to hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment